Egg Rolls :
Today, we’re gonna see how to make delicious Asian style appetizer, Egg rolls in minutes.
My kid loves Egg rolls and a while back I started preparing them myself and found out it was absolutely easy. And now this recipe is our family favorite...!
It makes a delicious compliment...to any meal or snacks.
Try this tasty recipe and impress your guest with crispy homemade Egg rolls. Lets get started...!
To prepare stuffing:
· Cooking oil - 1 tbsp
· Ginger paste - 1 tsp
· Shredded carrot and cabbage - 2 cups
· Soy sauce - 1 tsp
· Coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
To prepare Egg rolls:
· Egg roll wrappers - 1 packet
· Corn flour - 1 tbsp
· Water - ½ cup
· Oil to deep fry
To prepare Stuffing:
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Add ginger paste and saute for 30 seconds.
3. Add finely shredded carrot and cabbage.(also you can add spring onions)
4. Toss well in high flame for 2mins.
5. Add soy sauce, little salt and mix well.
6. Turn off flame.
7. Add freshly chopped coriander leaves and stir.
8. Allow the mixture to cool.
9. Stuffing is ready.
To Prepare Egg rolls:
1. Take the eggroll wrappers and keep it ready. ( this is readily available at all Indian grocery stores)
2. Keep the corn starch paste ready. ( add 1 tbsp of corn starch to a small cup, add water and make it to thick paste)
3. Also you can use beaten egg to seal the edges of the egg rolls.
4. Position an eggroll wrapper with one point toward you and cover the rest with damp cloth to avoid drying up.
5. Spoon one tsp of veggie mixture at the centre portion of the bottom corner of the wrapper.
6. Fold the bottom corner over filling.
7. Now wrap and roll around tightly as shown in the below pic.
8. Seal the sides with corn starch paste.
9. Now keep it aside.
10. And repeat the same for the rest of the egg rolls.
11. Heat oil in frying pan.
12. Drop the eggrolls gently in hot oil.
13. Let them deep fry for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until they turn crispy and golden brown in color.
14. Once done, drain in paper towel.
15. Crispy, crunchy delicious egg rolls are ready.
16. You’ll see them disappear as soon, they’re out of the kitchen.
17. Enjoy your Egg rolls with sweet & sour sauce, tomato ketchup, mint chutney or any dip of your choice.
18. You can enjoy this crispy food anytime you would like..:)
If you’re looking for South Indian recipes, then do check
Share your love for my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!