ALOO METHI RECIPE / METHI ALOO / POTATOES WITH FENUGREEK LEAVES / STEP BY STEP RECIPE
Aloo Methi Subzi: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Today’s recipe is Aloo aur Methi Ki Subzi, a classic north Indian dish made with potatoes, aromatic fenugreek leaves and a combination of aromatic spices..!
Methi leaves has a strong flavor with slight tangy...bitter taste and has proven to lower blood sugar level in diabetics.
This very popular dry subzi is very easy to prepare and goes well with hot rotis, chapatis or phulkas.
· Methi leaves chopped - 1 big cup
· Aloo / potatoes - 1 big
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Cumin - 1 tsp
· Tomato - 2
· Green chilly - 1
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Coriander pwd - 2 tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Wash and chop methi leaves.
2. Heat oil in a frypan.
3. Add cumin and wait to splutter.
4. Add onion, green chilly slices and saute till transculent.
5. Add mashed tomato and cook for a minute.
6. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, salt, cumin pwd and fresh coriander leaves.
7. Stir well.
8. Add the chopped methi leaves and combine the masalas.
9. Cook covered in low medium flame for 2 to 3 mins.
10. Now add the cooked and sliced aloo / potatoes and combine well. (you can also add a tsp of sugar to the curry to enhance the taste)
11. Cook further for 2mins.
12. Turn off flame.
13. Add lemon juice and stir.
14. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
15. Yummy dry Aloo Methi Subzi is ready.
( we can also prepare this subzi with gravy. Add a a tbsp of fresh cream and garlic flavored besan flour mixed in ½ cup of water and mix well)
16. It goes quite apt with hot phulkas or rotis.
17. Enjoy this subji with chapatti or as a filling for bread..!
Clik here for : more dinner recipes
Share your love for my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!