SOYA CHUNKS GRAVY / MEAL MAKER CURRY / SOYA CHUNKS RECIPES
Soya Chunks Gravy : For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Wanna try something new recipe ?
Here goes such a flavorful and aromatic curry prepared with Soya Chunks. We know soya chunks are good source of vegetarian protein and has a lot of health benefits. It helps in lowering the cholesterol.
We can prepare this delicious curry with easily available ingredients in our pantry. In this recipe, soya chunks are cooked in a medium thick gravy, which is spiced up with flavorful spices. Soya chunks have the tendency to absorb any flavor that it is cooked with.
Choosing nice ripen tomatoes and kashmiri red chillypwd helps to get nice color and texture to this fingerlicking healthy dish.
Today, let us learn how to make soya chunks gravy..!
· Soya chunks - 1 cup
· Oil - 3 tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Curry leaves - 5 to 6
· Onion sliced - ½ cup
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Coriander pwd - 2 tsp
· Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
. Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Fresh cream - 2 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
· Onion - 2
· Tomato - 2
· Cashew - 3 to 4
· Shredded coconut - 2 tbsp
· Pepper - ½ tsp
· Saunf - 1 tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
1. Wash and soak the soya in hot water for 20 mins.
2. Squeeze out the water, rinse with cold water for two times.
3. Drain out the water completely by squeezing the chunks and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Add sliced onion.
6. Saute for a minute.
7. Add tomato slices and fry till it is soft & cooked.
8. Add grated coconut, pepper, cumin, saunf, cashew and mix well.
9. Allow to cool.
10. Add it to blender and grind it to fine paste.
11. Keep it aside.
12. Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
13. Add curry leaves and cumin seeds.
14. Wait till crackle.
15. Add onion slices, ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute. Add fresh masala paste ( step 11) and combine.
16. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, salt, garam masala pwd & coriander pwd.
17. Mix well.
18. Now add soya chunks and combine.
19. Once the soya chunks got completely coated with the spices, add 1 cup of water.
20. Stir well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
21. When it is cooked, add fresh cream.
22. Taste – check for salt.
23. Finally add the freshly chopped coriander leaves and mix.
24. Soya chunks curry is ready for serving.
25. It pairs up excellent with hot roti, chapatti,pulka and even with idly, dosa.
Clik here for : more dinner recipes