Snakegourd Curry-Pudalangai Poriyal-Snake Gourd Stir Fry / Easy Curry Recipes
Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes
Snake Gourd Curry:
Today’s curry recipe is one of the delicious and simple dish made of snake gourd / pudalangai.
Snake gourd is a tasty & low calorie vegetable which is very rich in magnesium, phosphorous and calcium. It is a perfect vegetable option for diabeticsand dieters.
This ideal fry recipe makes a great side dish with variety rice like sambar rice, lemon rice, curd rice, etc and even with roti.Here goes the easy recipe to prepare spicy Snake gourd curry..!
· Snake gourd / pudalangai - 1
· Chana dal / kadalai paruppu - ¼ cup
· Oil - 1 ½ tbsp
· Onion - 1
· Tomato - 1
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Pepper pwd - ¼ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 ½ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ¼ tsp
· Lemon juice - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Wash and slice the snake gourd to tubes and halve the tubes vertically.
2. Remove the soft inner white part and the seeds part with curtlery knife.
3. Stack two or three pieces and slice the snake gourd to thin crescents as shown below.
4. Chop the onions finely and keep aside.
5. Wash and pressure cook chana dal and keep it aside.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan.
7. When it is hot, add mustard, cumin, split urad dal, red chilly and curry leaves.
8. Wait to splutter.
9. Add finely chopped onions and saute till transculent.
10. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
11. Now add mashed tomato and cook for a minute.
12. Add salt, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd and cumin pwd.
13. Combine well.
14. Add the sliced pudalangai and coat it well with the spice masala.
15. Add ½ cup of water and stir well.
16. Cook covered till the veggie is done.
17. Now add the cooked chana dal.
18. Stir gently.
19. Keep the flame in simmer and fry till the masala thickens.
20. Once it becomes thick curry, add a tsp of lemon juice and turn off the flame.
21. Transfer to the serving dish.
22. Sprinkle freshly chopped coriander leaves.
23. Delicious Pudalangai curry ready.
24. It pairs up excellent with sambar rice, rasam rice, coconut rice and other variety rice or even as a side with chapatti and roti.
25. We enjoyed this spicy curry with Coriander rice.
Share your love for my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!
Clik here for : more variety rice recipes