MURUKKU / CRISPY MURUKKU RECIPE / EASY DIWALI SNACKS / STEP BY STEP
Instant Murukku Recipe: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Hy Friends, Today am gonna share how to make easy & tasty Murukku recipe. This can be prepared instantly, without any tedious process. It is a non-failure recipe and tastes sooper crunchy and addictive with a cup of hot coffee.
The main ingredients used in this recipe are rice flour and urad dal flour, which are easily available at all Indian stores. If you can’t get store bought urad dal flour, its absolutely simple to prepare at home too..!
Check out the Diwali Sweets & Savories recipes here.
To make Urad dal powder at home:
Urad dal - 1 cup
· Roast the dal in fry pan, till it turns light brown with a nice aroma.
· Allow to cool.
· Now grind this to fine pwd.
· Sieve and set aside.
· Once cooled, store in air tight jars.
· Home made Urad dal pwd ready.
To make Murukku:
· Rice flour - 2 cup
· Urad dal flour - 1 ½ cup
· Butter - 2 tbsp
· Hing - ¼ tsp
· Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Oil to deep fry
1. Sieve and keep ready, both the rice flour and urad dal flour.
2. Add them to a mixing bowl.
3. Add hing, salt, cumin seeds and combine.
4. Sprinkle warm water little by little and knead well to soft, not sticky dough like chapathi dough.
5. Add butter and knead to smooth dough. ( its optional, you can add chilly pwd to the dough, about ¼ tsp )
6. The dough should be soft in consistency.
7. Clean the murukku mould / press and grease it with oil.
8. Take a handful of dough and stuff it inside the mould.
9. Squeeze it to form spiral shape in greased ladle.
10. Heat oil in a fry pan.
11. When it is medium hot, drop the murukku into oil gently.
12. Also directly you can press the murukku into hot oil.
13. Fry the murukkus in batches. Take care the oil is not over crowded.
14. The oil should be medium hot and fry till the murukku turns golden and crispy on both sides.
15. Drain it on kitchen tissue and set aside.
16. Sooper crunchy and tasty Murukkus are ready.
17. Store in air tight jars once at room temperature, if anything is remaining..:)
18. It stays fresh for more than 3 weeks.Clik here for : more snacks recipes
For regular updates / Like :