CILANTRO LIME RICE / CORIANDER RICE / KOTHAMALLI SADAM / LUNCH BOX RECIPES
Cilantro Lime Rice : For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Hy friends, today we gonna see healthy & tasty, Coriander lime rice recipe. I am very fond of coriander flavor and considering the health facts of this herb, I use it liberally in my daily cooking.
It is very easy to prepare and you do not need much ingredients to prepare this flavorful rice. As the name indicates this dish is prepared with fresh coriander leaves paste balanced with whole spices to give a delicious, colorful rice. It tastes best with onion-yoghurt raitha.
It makes an easy and quick dish to go in for kids lunch box..!
Here goes the very simple and quick rice recipe with fresh coriander leaves..:)
· Basmati or raw rice - 1 cup
· Fresh Coriander leaves - 1 bunch
· Green chilly - 2
· Garlic pods - 4
· Shredded coconut - 2 tbsp
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Cumin - 1 tsp
· Bay leaves -2
· Chana dal - 1 tbsp
· Split urad dal - 1 tbsp
· Ground nut / peanut - 1 tbsp
· Onion - 1
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Fresh lime juice - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak rice in water for 10 mins.
2. Drain the water from the rice completely and set it aside.
3. Wash and slice the coriander leaves to fine pieces.
4. To prepare masala paste, take green chillies, garlic, shredded coconut and coriander leaves in a blender.
5. Add ½ cup of water and grind to fine paste.
6. Heat oil in a pan.
7. Add cumin seeds and wait to splutter.
8. Add bay leaves, chana dal, split urad dal and groundnut.
9. Saute for few minutes.
10. Add sliced onion and saute until transculent.
11. Add the freshly ground masala paste.
12. Saute for another 3 to 4 mins, till the raw smell disappears.
13. Add garam masala pwd, salt and combine.
14. Add the soaked rice.
15. Mix well till the rice is coated well with the masala.
16. Add 2 cups of water and stir well.
17. Transfer the contents to pressure cooker.
18. Pressure cook for 1 whistle in medium high flame and simmer the flame for 5 to 7 mins.
19. Once the pressure goes off, add a dash of lemon juice and fluff the rice gently.
20. Flavorful cilantro lime rice is ready.
It makes an easy, quick and healthy lunch box menu.
21. It pairs up excellent with onion yoghurt raitha.
Clik here for : more variety rice recipes
For regular updates / Like :