BROCCOLI SOUP / HEALTH BENEFITS OF BROCCOLI / CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP / EASY SOUP RECIPES / STEP BY STEP
This low-fat broccoli soup is a very healthy and filling soup recipe. Onions, carrot and broccoli are cooked in vegetable stock / broth and are pureed in this recipe.
This simple soup is sooper easy to prepare and can be prepared in less than half an hour. This healthy soup makes a delicious and satisfying lunch when served along with toasted bread.
I did add a pinch of nutmeg and pepper to season. Also adding sour cream gives this hearty winter soup a creamy texture.
Try this easy broccoli soup alongside toasted bread or as a starter for a simple supper..!!
Amazing health Benefits of Broccoli:
1. As Broccoli is rich in dietary fibre, vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants, it is highly beneficial to skin.
2. It promotes hair growth, by strengthening the hair follicle.
3. Due to its anti-carcinogenic properties, it helps to prevent cancer.
4. It is very helpful in boosting the immunity system.
5. It helps in regulating blood pressure, thus preventing heart attack and stroke.
6. Since broccoli is very rich in potassium, it helps to maintain a healthy nervous system.
7. A cup of broccoli contains the essential amount of protein needed for a healthy diet.
· Broccoli - 1
· Olive Oil - 1 to 2 tsp
· Onion chopped - ½ cup
· Red chilly flakes - ½ tsp
· Diced carrot - 2 tbsp
· Garlic - 1
· Vegetable stock - 2 cups
· Salt to taste
1. Wash, clean and slice the broccoli to fine florets.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Add sliced onions and cook for a minute.
4. Add red chilly flakes, diced carrot and saute well. ( also chopped celery sticks can be added )
5. Allow to cook for a couple of minutes.
6. Add grated garlic and stir.
7. Now add broccoli slices.
8. Saute well to combine.
9. Add vegetable stock or plain water and cook for 3 to 4 mins or until the veggies are tender.
10. Add salt and combine.
11. Turn off flame.
12. Allow to cool and mash the contents.
13. Healthy and tasty Broccoli Soup ready.
14. You can also puree the soup in a blender until smooth.
15. Add water and adjust the consistency of the soup.
16. Creamy delicious Broccoli Soup is ready to taste.
17. Return the soup to pot and heat gently until ready to serve.
18. While serving I topped the soup with nutmeg pwd, pepper pwd and sour cream.
19. It tasted absolute awesome with a combo of toasted bread.
Clik here for : Recipe Index· Creamy Veg Soup
· Tomato Soup / Healthy Veg Soup
· Sweet Corn Soup / Tomato Veg Soup
· Hot N Sour Veg Soup
For regular updates / Like :