Broccoli Stir Fry:
Today, I’m here with a delicious and simple stir-fry focused on broccoli and chick pea flour mixture. Broccoli is a nutritious vegetable that is loaded with super nutrients and have therapeutic properties.
I clipped this recipefrom Show me the Curry last week and have found it to be the best-tasting broccoli fry.
It's easy to cook broccoli and it readily absorbs the tasty flavors in this stir fry recipe. You can also modify this recipe, to include any veggies you choose.
This stir fry goes best with rice or even with roti & chapatti.
Check out this nutritious & tasty recipe, that will make your taste buds jump for joy..!
· Broccoli - 1 small size
· Oil - 2 tbsp / divided
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Grated garlic - 1 tbsp
· Hing / asafetida - a pinch
· Green chilly - 1
· Onion - 1
· Besan flour - ½ cup
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - ½ to ¾ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Amchur pwd - ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash broccoli well and slice to fine florets.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan.
3. Add cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
4. Add finely sliced garlic, hing, green chilly and stir fry for few seconds.
5. Now add the onions and continue frying until the onions turn light brown.
6. Now add broccoli and mix well with the spices.
7. Sprinkle few drops of water, sprinkle a pinch of salt and combine.
8. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 mins in low medium flame.
9. Meanwhile, take a mixing bowl, add besan / chickpea flour, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, cumin pwd, amchur / dry mango pwd, garam masala pwd, salt and coriander pwd.
10. Add 2 tsp of oil and incorporate well into the flour mixture.
11. Uncover the broccoli and sprinkle the spicy chickpea flour mixture evenly all over the broccoli florets.
12. Sprinkle few more drops of water ( just enough to moisten the chickpea flour lightly)
13. Mix, cover and cook for another 3 to 4 mins.
14. The spicy chick flour mixture coats the broccoli florets and give great texture and flavor.
15. Turn off flame.
16. Delicious Broccoli stir fry is ready.
17. Transfer to serving bowl.
18. Garnish with lemon juice and serve hot with rice and dal.
19. Also it can be served as a side dish with roti, chapatti and the leftover can be stuffed in a wrap or a sandwich.
Share your love for my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!