IDLY UPMA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE IDLY UPMA WITH LEFTOVER IDLIES / EASY BREAKFAST RECIPES
Idly upma: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
The South Indian stape Idly can be used to prepare a variety of dishes like Chilly Idly, Masala Idly, Mini Idly with Sambar, Kanchipuram Idly, etc.
Today, I am here with really easy Idly Upma recipe. This is a versatile dish, that can be prepared with leftover idlies. It makes a filling snack for breakfast or even as a tea-time snack.
In this recipe,the crumbled idlies are given a makeover by stir frying them with onions and tempering with flavorful spices. it tastes absolutely yummy that you can even serve it to guests.
Once you try this, I’m sure you’ll make some extra idlies next time, just to have this delicious upma..:)
· Idly - 4 to 5
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Split urad dal - 1 tsp
· Curry leaves - a few
· Green chilly - 1
· Red chilly - 1
· Grated ginger - 1 tsp
· Peanuts - 2 tbsp
· Onion - 1
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Hing - a pinch
· Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
· Lemon juice - few drops
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Season with the tempering ingredients, mustard, cumin seeds, split urad dal, curry leaves, green chilly, red chilly and grated ginger.
3. Wait to crackle.
4. Add finely sliced onions, toss till light brown.
5. Add peanuts and saute further.
6. Add turmeric pwd, hing, salt, coriander pwd and combine.
7. Take warm water in a bowl.
8. Dip in the idlies, just for few seconds.
9. Squeeze the water gently and crumble the idly coarsely.
10. Add the crumbled idly to the pan.
11. Mix well and cook covered for 2 mins.
12. Turn off flame.
13. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice.
14. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
15. Yummilicious Idly Upma is ready.
16. Serve hot immediately with any side dish of your choice.
Clik here for : more breakfast recipes
For more Video recipes Subscribe here