METHI CHOLE - HOW TO MAKE METHI CHOLE RECIPE / PUNJABI METHI CHOLE / STEP BY STEP
Methi Chole: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Methi Chole is a famous Punjabi food and is one of our family favourites too. We always love to eat north Indian style side dish for our rotis / chapattis.
This dish is protein packed and mouth watering. It is an easy to make dish which tastes delicious in combination with roti or chapattis or bhatura.
In this recipe, soaked chickpeas are cooked along with onion, tomatoes and the aromatic fresh fenugreek leaves.Chole gets a new taste on combo with methi leaves. Also you can try this recipe with paneer, aloo or anything else you would like.
Here goes the healthy way to make Methi Chole..:)
· Chana / Chole / Kondakadalai - 1 cup
· Methi leaves - 1 bunch
· Oil - 1 tbsp
· Cumin - 1 tsp
· Red chilly - 1 or 2
· Green chilly - 1
· Onion - 2
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Tomato - 3
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Amchur pwd - ¼ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Few drops of lemon
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Wash and soak chole in water overnight or at least 6 to 7 hrs
2. Drain the water ( reserve the nutritious water to add later to masala) and pressure cook the chole with 1 cup of water. ( you can use the canned ones too)
3. Cook for 3 whistles or until it turns soft.
4. Clean, wash and finely chop methi leaves and keep it aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin and toss slightly.
6. Add red chilly, green chilly, onion and fry till onion turns transculent.
7. Now add ginger garlic paste and continue frying for 2 more mins in medium flame.
8. And sliced tomatoes and combine well
9. Cook covered till the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
10. Turn off flame.
11. Allow to cool
12. Add the contents to mixer and grind to fine paste.
13. Add this paste to the cooked chole.
14. Mix the contents.
15. With the back of the spatula, mash some of the chole. This thickens the gravy and gives a nice texture.
16. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, cumin pwd, coriander pwd and salt
17. Add 1 cup of reserved water ( step 2) and cover and simmer for 3 to 4 mins.
18. Now add the finely chopped methi leaves.
19. Stir well and cook for 5 mins in low medium flame.
20. Add amchur pwd and garam masala pwd.
21. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings.
22. Turn off flame.
23. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice and mix.
24. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
25. That’s it, healthy & delicious methi chole is ready
26. Serve methi chole hot with rotis or parata.
Clik here for : more Dinner recipes
Meet you in next post…until then,