BLACK CHANA SUNDAL - KONDAKADALAI MASALA SUNDAL / EASY SUNDAL RECIPES
Kala Chana Sundal: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
This is also known as Kondai Kadalai Sundal, which is a simple and easy recipe often made during festivals like ganesh chaturthi or navratri.
This is a very light, filling and nutritious snack full of protein and fibre, loved both by kids and adults. I make sundal almost twice a week and pack it for my kid’s lunch. Also this makes a excellent combo as a side with rice or as a snack with evening tea.
Here’s the interesting recipe for tasty masala sundal..:)
(note: you can use any legume, like white chana, green peas, rajma, black eyed peas, moong beans, Bengal grams, peanuts and so on.)
· Black Chana / black chick peas- 2 cups
· Chana dal - 2 tbsp
· Urad dal - 1 ½ tbsp
· Red chilly - 2
· Coriander seeds - 2 tbsp
· Curry and coriander leaves - handful
· Grated coconut - 3 tbsp
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Hing / asafetida - a pinch
· Lemon juice - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak dry kala chana in 3 cups of water overnight or for 6 to 8 hrs
2. Pressure cook for 4 whistles with salt and 1 ½ cup of water.
3. Meanwhile dry roast, chana dal, urad dal, red chilly, coriander and curry leaves.
4. Saute in low flame for 3 to 4 mins and turn off the flame.
5. Add 1 tbsp grated coconut and saute for a minute.
6. Allow the contents to cool and grind it in a blender to coarse pwd.
7. Once the pressure goes off, open the cooker.
8. Drain the cooked kala chana and reserve the water.
9. This nutritious water can be used as a stock in soups, rasams or in preparing any dishes.
10. Heat oil in a fry pan.
11. Add mustard, cumins seeds, hing, split urad dal and curry leaves.
12. Let it pop and add the cooked chana.
13. Stir well.
14. Add freshly ground spice masala ( step 6) and mix well.
15. Add grated coconut and finely chopped coriander leaves.
16. Saute for few minutes in low heat.
17. Add the lemon juice. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings.
18. Switch off.
19. You can serve this hot, warm or cold.
20. Yummy and spicy Kala Chana Sundal is ready to relish.
Clik here for : more sundal recipes
Meet you in next post…until then,