METHI PARATHA / FENUGREEK PARATHA RECIPE / STEP BY STEP
Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes
Methi Paratha is a wonderfully tasty, nutritious breakfast dish, packed with unique flavor. This flaky Indian bread makes a very healthy alternative to plain parathas.
These methi parathas can be made very easily. It is made up of whole wheat flour and fenugreek leaves. The methi leaves added gives nice color to the paratha. Wilth its yummy taste, no doubt it will turn one huge favorite of your family too..:)
It is best served with pickles, raitha or plain yoghurt.
We know fenugreek leaves are very healthy as they’re rich in iron content, anti-oxidant and dietary fibre.
If you do not get methi leaves, you can also substitute spinach ( palak ) with the same recipe.
Here’s the methi paratha recipe step by step in north Indian style..:)
· Chopped fenugreek / methi leaves - 1 cup
· Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
· Red chilly pwd - ¾ tsp
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Cooking oil - as needed
· Salt to taste
1. Clean, wash and chop methi / fenugreek leaves to fine pieces.
2. In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, fenugreek leaves, red chilly pwd, salt, turmeric pwd, cumin pwd and a tbsp of cooking oil.
3. Add water little by little and knead to form a soft, smooth dough.
4. Let the dough rest for 15 to 20 mins.
5. Divide the dough to equal sized balls.
6. Dust each ball with flour and roll it to nice round shape in a rolling board.
7. Heat a frypan / girdle.
8. Fry the parathas in medium low heat by drizzling oil to the sides.
9. Flip the parathas once in 30 seconds to get even browning over the surface of the paratha.
10. When the paratha is done, dash it with a tsp of butter and remove from girdle.
11. Yummy and healthy Methi Parathas are ready to taste.
12. Serve hot with chilled yoghurt or your favorite pickle or chutney.