BEETROOT PACHADI - KERALA STYLE / ONAM SADYA RECIPES
Beetroot Pachadi Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today, I am going to share with you this simple and tasty Beetroot Pachadi. It is a part of Onam Sadya and this very healthy dish is made with cooked beets, yoghurt and mild spices. It is very easy to prepare and brings out the South Indian flavors of raitha.
We know beetroot are excellent sources of anti-oxidants and packed with nutrients. Kids sure will love the delicious taste of this vibrant dish.
Try this best and authentic Kerala style Beetroot Pachadi recipe today..:)
· Beetroot - 2
· Grated coconut - 3 to 4 tbsp
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
· Thick curd - 1 small cup
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Red chilly - 1
· Chopped shallots - 1tbsp
· Curry leaves
1. Wash, slice and peel off the skin of beetroot.
2. Grate it to fine shreds.
3. Grate coconut to small pieces.
4. Add grated coconut, green chilly and cumin seeds to the blender.
5. Add little water and grind it to coarse paste.
6. Take the grated beetroot in a pan.
7. Add required salt and cook covered in low flame for 5 to 10 mins.
8. Now add the ground paste to the beetroot.
9. Mix it well and cook for another 5 mins.
10. Remove from gas and allow to cool.
11. Add thick curd and mix.
12. Heat oil in a small pan.
13. Season it with mustard, cumin seeds, chopped shallots, curry leaves and red chilly.
14. Saute till the shallots turn golden brown.
15. Pour this seasoning on top of the beetroot pachadi.
16. Colorful, healthy Beetroot raitha is ready for lunch.
17. Enjoy with white rice or with roti, paratha and chapatti.
Clik here for : Onam Special recipes
Meet you in next post…until then,