Happy Diwali / How to make Gulab Jamun / Step-by-Step Recipe / Easy Diwali Sweets:
Gulab Jamun : For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Dear Friends, Wish you all Happy Diwali in advance. To enjoy the festive mood, I am sharing here one of the India’s most favorite dessert Gulab Jamuns !!! who doesn’t love it? Everybody would be addicted to the taste of this mouthwatering special dessert.
The simple recipe consists of preparing soft spongy milky balls and soaked in rose scented sugar syrup. I have prepared this recipe with readymade gulab jamun pwd. This is an easy and quick way to make. You can also view here to see the traditional method of preparing Jamun.
Here goes the very simple recipe of ever popular dessert Gulab Jamun.
Check out the Diwali Sweets & Savories recipes here.
· Jamoon pwd - 200 g
· Butter - 1 tsp
· Sugar - 2 cups
· Water - 2 cups
· Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
· Saffron strands - a few
· Rose essence - few drops
· Oil - to deep fry
· Grated almond, cashew, pistachio nuts for garnishing.
1. In a wide plate sieve gulab jamoon pwd to remove any lumps if any.
2. Add a little water, 1 tsp of butter and rub with palms gently to make a smooth, soft and sticky dough.
3. Cover and Keep aside for 10 mins.
4. Meanwhile we can prepare a sugar syrup.
5. Take 2 cups of sugar in a wide bowl.
6. Add 2 cups of water and stir well.
7. Bring it to boil with continous stirring in low flame.
8. Keep boiling until sugar syrup starts to thicken.
9. Once it reaches one thread / string consistency, turn off flame.
10. Clear the syrup by removing the scum, if any.
11. Add cardamom pwd, saffron strands and rose essence.
12. Grease your hands with oil and divide the dough to equal sized balls are of small lengthy shape of your choice.
13. Heat oil / ghee in a frypan or kadai.
14. Drop a small piece of the dough to check if the oil is hot enough. The dough ball should rinse and raise immediately to the surface of the oil and start frying.
15. Add the balls and deep fry on low heat until golden in color.
16. Keep stirring regularly so jamoons get brown evenly.
17. Drain it in a paper tissue.
18. Drop them in the hot sugar syrup.
19. Do the same for the rest of the jamoon balls.
20. Allow them to soak for minimum 30 mins.
21. Transfer to serving plates with grated almond, cashew and pistachio nuts.
22. Serve hot, cold or at room temperature.
23. Enjoy lipsmacking gulab jamoons.
· Take care the temperature of the oil should be in low while frying the jamoons else the outer surface will turn brown with inside being uncooked.
· You can also stuff grated nuts inside the dough ball and fry. It tastes absolutely irresistible.
Click here for more : Diwali Sweet RecipesDiwali Snacks Recipes
Once again, Happy Diwali to all my friends..:)