PORIYAL / THORAN / CARROT STIR FRY / ONAM SADYA RECIPES
Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Carrot Stir Fry:
Carrot Poriyal is a very healthy & tasty recipe. This is one of the simple & quickest stir fry to prepare. It makes an ideal combo along with vathakuzhambu, sambar, rasam and even with curd rice.
We know carrots are an abundant source of Vitamin A and is low in calories and high in nutrition.With this recipe, preparing South Indian Carrot Poriyal is super easy. We can make beans, cabbage, beetroot and any other veg poriyal also by following this simple method. Here we go to the recipe..
· Carrot - 3 to 4
· Oil - 2 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Curry leaves - a few
· Onion - 1
· Green chilly - 1
· Fresh coconut shreds - ¼ cup
· Salt to taste
· Coriander leaves for garnishing.
1. Scrape the outer skin of carrots slightly and grate them to fine shreds.
2. Heat oil in a fry pan.
3. Crackle mustard seeds, cumin seeds, split urad dal and curry leaves.
4. Add finely chopped onion, green chilly and saute for a minute.
5. Add grated carrot / vegetable, salt and mix well.
6. Cover with pan and cook for about 5 min sprinkling few drops of water if needed.
7. Give a stir in between.
8. Add the freshly grated coconut, mix it well with the vegetable and remove from flame.
9. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Healthy & yummy Carrot Poriyal is ready to enjoy.