How to make Banana Chips at home ? / Homemade Banana Chips / Plantain Chips / Step-by-Step Recipe:
Homemade Banana Chips: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Looking for an easy & healthy Banana Chips recipe ? Here it goes..
Homemade Banana Chips are a cinch to make at home. I generally love to have some homemade snacks at home for kids.
These healthy chips makes a good tea time snacks or any time snack, when you want to munch something.
You can also season the chips with black pepper and salt. Also you can season with red chilly pwd or your own choice of herbs and spices & enjoyy..!
· Raw banana / plantain / Nentrankaya - 3 to 4
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Oil for deep frying
1. Peel the banana.
2. Slice them to halves and immerse in a bowl with turmeric water . ( add a pinch of turmeric pwd to the bowl of water )
3. Allow to soak for 3 to 5 mins.
4. Remove and pat dry.
5. Heat oil in a kadai / fry pan.
6. Slice the banana into even thin slices. ( make it as thin as possible, coz the thinness determines the final crispness )
7. Drop in a few slices at a time, to deep fry ( don’t overcrowd the oil )
8. When it is half cooked, turn the flame to medium and keep stirring using a slotted ladle.
9. Once the bubbling sound stops, drain from oil.
10. Place the chips on kitchen paper towel to remove excess oil.
11. Repeat until all slices have been fried.
12. That’s it ….crispy, crunchy homemade Banana Chips ready to munch.
13. Set aside to cool.
14. To store, place in an airtight container.
15. If you like to have chips spicy, sprinkle some salt and pepper in the jar and shake well.
16. Serve the homemade banana chips, whenever you or your family wants them..:)