AMMINI KOZHUKATTAI - MANI KOZHUKATTAI / GANESH CHATURTHI RECIPES:
Ammini ( Mani ) Kozhukattai: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Hello dear friends, hope you all are busy with all preparations n pooja arrangements for tomorrow’s Ganesh Chaturthi festival.
Here I am sharing with you today a very tasty and healthy savory version of kozhukattai. This is usually prepared with the left over dough, while making Modaks ( Modhagam ) for Vinayagar Chaturthi. These savory one’s takes merely minutes to prepare.
Here goes the easy and speciality recipe of Ammini Kozhukattai.
· Rice flour - 1 cup
· Gingely oil - 1 tsp
· Oil to temper - 1 tsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Mustard seeds - ¼ tsp
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Red chilly - 1
· Hing - ¼ tsp
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Fresh coconut shreds - 2 tbsp
· Salt to taste
1. Sieve the rice flour and keep it aside
2. Add a pinch of salt and 1 tsp of gingely oil to 1 cup of water.
3. Heat it to boiling.
4. Take the rice flour in a mixing bowl.
5. Add the boiling water little by little by mixing continuously with a ladle.
6. Stop adding water, once the dough reaches smooth and soft consistency.
7. Keep it covered to cool for 5 mins.
8. Grease your hands with oil and knead once again to smooth dough. ( the dough should be slightly sticky and not dry )
9. Make small sized balls.
10. Repeat for the rest of the dough.
11. Place all of them in a greased idly plate.
12. Steam cook for 7 to 10 mins or until the layer turns shiny. ( overcooking will make them rubbery )
13. Heat oil in a pan.
14. Crackle mustard, cumin, split urad dal, hing and red chilly.
15. Add turmeric pwd, salt ( add very little salt, as the cooked rice balls have already salt in it ) and fresh coconut shreds.
16. Mix well.
17. Add cooked rice floor balls.
18. Saute in medium flame for 4 to 5 mins.
19. Turn off flame and sprinkle freshly chopped coriander leaves.
20. Flavorful Mani / Ammini Kozhukattais are ready.
21. Serve warm and enjoy.