How to make crispy Okra Fry ?/ Okra Fritters / Spicy Bhindi Fry / Easy Fritters Recipe
Okra Fritters are so simple to make and taste so darn good. Its hot and crunchy on the outside, with the great flavor of fresh okra inside.
For this fritter recipe, we have to just mix all the given ingredients in the bowl and scoop out spoonfuls to fry. I have made this fritters twice, once for ourselves and once as an appetizer for a dinner with our guests. Both the times it was sooper hit and turned out insanely tasty.
Lets see how to prepare this delicious Okra Fritters recipe..:)
· Okra / Bhindi / Vendakkai - 250 g
· Besan flour - ½ cup
· Broken cashewnuts - 2 to 3 tsp
· Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
· Amchur pwd - ½ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Onions sliced - ½ cup
· Vinegar - 1 tsp
· Oil to deep fry
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and chop the edges of Bhindi / okra.
2. Cut to thin slices as shown in the pic.
3. Add little broken cashewnut pieces.
4. Add cumin seeds, amchur pwd, red chilly pwd and salt.
5. Add sliced onions, vinegar and besan flour.
6. Mix and see to it the okra is well coated.
7. Keep it aside for 5 mins.
8. You can see the mixture has let out moisture enough to bind the ingredients.
9. Combine well.
10. Heat oil in a kadai.
11. Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture into the hot oil.
12. Keep the flame in low medium and deep fry to golden brown, turning once.
13. Once it turns crispy, drain on kitchen tissue or paper towels.
14. Yummy and spicy Okra Fritters are ready.
15. Serve hot.
16. These munch-worthy fritters makes an excellent evening snack when paired with hot cup of coffee.