How to make Wheat Rava Upma / Godhuma Rava Upma / Broken Wheat Upma ?
Wheat Rava Upma:
Wheat Rava Upma is a simple and healthy breakfast. Nothing can beat this tasty upma & its my hubby’s all time favorite dish.
Its not only healthy, but also a filling breakfast recipe. You can also add vegetables to make it more delicious and nutritious. Wheat Rava is also known as Godhumai Rava or samba rava in tamil and dalia in hindi & is an excellent source of fiber and is also low in cholesterol.
Make delicious Godhumai rava upma at home today using this simple recipe..!
· Wheat rava - 1 cup
· Oil or ghee - 2 tbsp
· Mustard seeds - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Hing - a pinch
· Peanuts - 1 tbsp
· Broken cashew nuts - 1 tbsp
· Curry leaves - 5 to 6
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Onion - 1
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat oil or ghee in a fry pan.
2. Add mustard seeds, cumin, hing, peanuts, broken cashew nuts, curry leaves and green chilly.
3. Sauté them till nice aroma emanates the kitchen
4. Now add the sliced onion and sauté for a minute.
5. Add the wheat rava, reduce heat and saute further for 2 mins approx.
6. Add required salt and hot water.
7. Mix it continuously so that lumps don’t form and it combines well with the water.
8. Once the water starts boiling, simmer the flame.
9. Cover it with a lid and cook till upma is done.
10. Turn off heat.
11. Combine well.
12. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
13. Serve hot with chutney, sugar, pickle or with any side dish of your choice.