Mughlai Chicken Biryani:
Mughlai Biryani is a recipe for Non-Veg Lovers & is known for its richness & wonderful aroma highlighted in the use of exotic Spices
Here goes the traditional Mughlai style Biryani recipe yet, So easy ! Try it – U’ll love it..:)
· Chicken - 300 g
· Basmati rice - 1 ½ cup
· Yoghurt - ¼ cup
· Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
· Biryani masala - 1 tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Ghee - 2 tbsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Cloves - 2
· Black pepper - ½ tsp
· Bay leaf - 2
· Cardamom - 2
· Cinnamon - 1
· Onion - 2
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Tomato - 1
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - ¾ tsp
· Mint & coriander leaves - 1 cup
· Food color ( optional ) - a pinch
· Salt to taste
1. Clean and wash chicken pieces.
2. Marinate with yoghurt, garam masala pwd, biryani masala, ginger garlic paste and salt for 1 hour.
3. Wash and soak biryani rice in water for 10 mins.
4. Drain and keep aside.
5. Heat oil, ghee in a pan.
6. Add cumin, cloves, black pepper, bay leaf, cardamoms and a stick of cinnamon.
7. Add finely chopped onions, mint leaves, chilly and cook on low medium heat, until it turns golden brown.
8. Add tomato and fry for couple of minutes.
9. Now add marinated chicken, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd and mix everything together.
10. Fry in low flame for 5 to 7 minutes by stirring frequently.
11. Add finely chopped coriander leaves and sauté for a minute.
12. Now add 2 ½ cup of water.
13. Mix well and taste & adjust salt and seasonings.
14. Add soaked rice and stir well.
Pressure cook for one whistle and simmer for 5 to 6 mins or until the rice is done.
15. Mix a pinch of food color in few drops of water.
16. Once the pressure goes off, add food color ( optional ) water in circular motion and leave aside for 3 to 4 mins.
17. Now fluff the biryani gently.
18. Classic Chicken Biryani with awesome flavor is ready to serve.
19. We enjoyed it hot with onion raitha and tandoori chicken..!
Click here to view the easy Tandoori Chicken Recipe: