How to make Masala Thattai / Quick & Easy Snack Ideas:
Easy Masala Thattai: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Thattai is a delicious & crispy savory delight prepared during many festivals.
Masala Thattai is a slightly modified version of the Thattai that is normally made in our households. Even the beginners can try this yummy sanck. It makes a very gud healthy evening snack for kids.
Try this tasty Indian recipe for Masala Thattai and share your comments :)
· Boiled rice - 1 ½ cup
· Fried gram / Pottukadalai - ¾ cup
· Red chilly - 2 to 3
· Garlic - 6 to 7 pods
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Pepper pwd - ¼ tsp
· Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ¼ tsp
· Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
· Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
· Chopped coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
· Oil to fry
1. Wash and soak boiled rice for atleast 3 to 4 hrs.
2. Roast fried gram for few minutes and allow to cool.
3. Grind it to fine pwd. Sieve and set aside.
4. Strain all the water from the soaked rice and add the rice to the mixer.
5. Add red chilly, garlic and salt to it.
6. Grind it to smooth thick paste, sprinkling some water, if necessary.
7. Pour the ground paste into a mixing bowl.
8. Add the fried gram pwd.
9. Add all the ingredients ie. Red chilly pwd, pepper pwd, coriander pwd, cumin pwd, sesame seeds, cumin seeds and chopped curry leaves.
11.Mix all of it to a soft smooth dough.
12.Cover and set aside for 10 mins.
13.Make lemon-sized balls out of the dough.
14.Take a ball with greased fingers and spread the ball into a small thattai.
15.Place them on a clean muslin cloth.
16.Make 6 to 8 thattais at a time.
17.Heat oil, and add thattais gently.
18.Fry it to a golden brown and crisp on medium heat, turning over both sides.
19.Once done, remove from heat.
20.Super tempting & crunchy Masala Thattais are ready.
21.It makes an irresistible combo with piping hot cup of tea or coffee.My Notes:
· You can make murukku or thenguzhal or ribbon pakoda with this same dough, by using different discs of murukku mould.
· The more thin you make the thattais, the more crispy you will get.
· Let the thattais cool completely, before you store them in an air-tight container.
· Oma Podi