My Guest Post @ Love2cook Malaysia:
Helo my dear Friends..!
Good Morning & wishing you all a wonderful day..:)
Today, I had the privilege of being a guest blogger on my lovely friend, Sri’s Love2cook Malaysia, blog . !
Sri is amazing and I was so thrilled to be asked to make a guest post in her space! She has a great blog, with all about our favorite recipes & with exquisite presentation. I have been a big fan of her blog & inviting clicks.
And if you haven’t already checked her space,
Kashmiri Pulav is a very tempting pulav, which is packed with spices, golden roasted cashew nuts & raisins and it tastes mild & sweet. And no doubt a very healthy option for kids.
· Basmati Rice - 1 ½ cups
· Saffron strands - ¼ tsp
· Milk - ½ cup
· Water - 2 cups
· Ghee or butter - 2 to 3 tbsp
· Cashew - 6 to 8
· Raisins - 10
· Cardamom - 2 pods
· Cinnamon - 2
· Mace / Javitri - 1
· Cloves - 2 to 3
· Sugar - ½ tsp
· Onion slices - 3 to 4 tbsp
· Pomegranate seeds - 2 to 3 tbsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak the Basmati rice for 5 to 10 mins.
2. Soak the strands of saffron in milk, until the milk turns light orange.
3. Heat a small pan and add 1 tbsp ghee to it.
4. Roast cashew and raisins to golden.
5. Strain the soaked rice and keep the water aside.
6. In a large wide pan, heat ghee or butter.
7. Add the whole spices, cardamom, cinnamon, mace and cloves.
8. Add sugar and sauté for a minute in low medium flame.
9. Add the soaked rice and sauté further.
10.Stir very carefully, so as not to break up the rice grains.
11.Now add the water and saffron milk to the rice.
12.Add salt and pressure cook this in a medium flame.
13.Once done, fluff the rice gently, without mashing up the grains. This helps in uniform mixing of saffron color and flavorings.
14.Thinly slice the onions and fry them till golden brown and crisp in low flame.
15.Add the roasted onion slices, cashew nuts & raisins to the Pulao.
16.Mix in very gently.
17.Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
18.Lipsmacking Kashmiri Pulao is ready
19.Serve with any spicy gravy & raitha of your choice.
· You may also add fresh paneer in the pulao.
· Also slices of pine apple and grapes, can be added for garnishing.
Once again, a super big thank you Sri for inviting me to guest post ..:)
Here’s the link to my guest post for her !
Have a nice day..:)
Here's all my guest posts I've done on other sites. The most recent posts are listed first.