Murungai Keerai Poriyal / Drumstick Leaves Poriyal / Step by Step
Murungai Keerai Poriyal :
Murungai Keerai Poriyal is an easy & most nutritious recipe. My Mom uses a lot of drumstick leaves from the drumstick tree from our backyard, in sambar, poriyal, masiyal and kootu recipes.
The leaves are very rich in vitamin C, iron, calcium, minerals etc and are rightly called as the “ Queen of all Greens”
It helps a lot for the people who suffer from knee pain. Also it helps to reduce swollen foot during pregnancy. And it is highly recommended for anaemic people and pregnant women.
It tastes awesome with any rice varieties like sambar rice, rasam rice, variety rice etc.
Do try it and you will love the healthy taste..:)
· Drumstick Leaves - 1 bunch
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Split urad dal - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly - 1 or 2
· Asafetida pwd - a pinch
· Onion - ½
· Tomato - 1
· Garlic - 2 no.s
· Fresh grated coconut - 2 tbsp
· Salt to taste
1. Separate the tiny leaves from the stalk.
2. Wash the drumstick leaves and chop them finely.
3. In a kadai, add oil and temper with mustard seeds, cumin, split urad dal, dry red chillies broken to pieces & a pinch of asafetida.
4. Add chopped onion and garlic, fry for some time.
5. Add finely chopped tomoto and sauté further for some time.
6. Now add the drumstick leaves along with salt and stir well.
7. Sauté until the leaves shred the water and wilt.
8. Stir now and then.
9. Once the keerai is cooked and tender, add fresh shredded coconut and mix well.
10.Add coarsely powdered peanuts to garnish and switch off.
11.Healthy Murungai Keerai Poriyal is ready.
12.Serve hot with rice & sambar or rasam.