How to make Peanut Burfi? ( Peanut Chikki ) / Step by Step :
Peanut Burfi: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Peanut Burfi is the most popular dessert, which is available all over the India. This is also commonly known as Peanut Brittle or Verkadalai Burfi.
This is my MIL’s recipe & is very simple and quick to prepare, only thing is we have to keep all the ingredients ready before starting.
Kids love this richly flavored crunchy taste..!!
Here goes the wonderful Peanut brittle recipe that is easy to make and wows everyone..:)
· Peanuts - 1 cup
· Jaggery powdered - ¾ cup
· Cardamom pwd - a generous pinch
· Butter - 1 tbsp
· Water - ¼ cup
1. Roast Peanuts in a dry pan on medium flame.
2. Turn off flame, once the peanuts starts loosing their skin easily.
3. Allow to cool.
4. Take the peels off by rubbing the peanuts.
5. Now take the peanuts in a ziplock cover and roughly smash it, so that the peanuts breaks into halves roughly.
6. Now heat a heavy bottomed pan.
7. Add ¼ cup of water and allow to boil.
8. Add the powdered jaggery and keep the flame in low medium flame.
9. Stir well, so that the jaggery melts and starts bubbling.
10. Continue cooking the jaggery for few more minutes.
11. Once the jaggery reaches the soft ball consistency, ( you can check this by adding a drop of jaggery mixture in a cup of water. When the jaggery forms a ball shape without getting dissolved, then it is the perfect consistency. )
12. At this stage add cardamom pwd, butter and coarsely crushed peanuts.
13. Give a quick stir and combine together.
14. Grease a flat tray with ghee.
15. Turn off flame and pour the hot mixture into the tray. Trowel the surface for uniform thickness.
16. Allow to cool for few minutes.
17. Slice the burfi, when it has set well. ( take care it turns hard quickly )
18. When the brittle cools completely, break into pieces.
19. Delicious Peanut Brittle ready.
20. Enjoy the hard and crunchy texture, that literally melts in your mouth..!!
21. This has a good shelf life, by storing it in an air-tight container.