HOW TO MAKE SUZHIYAN / SUZHIYAM / DIWALI SWEETS RECIPES
Suzhiyan or Suyyam are one of the traditional dish which we make during festivals.
My Mil used to prepare this sweet during Deepavali day, and I always enjoyed eating it. This authentic recipe is very simple to make and is delicious.
The inside stuffing poornam is prepared using chana dal, jaggery, coconut and dipped in slightly thick batter and deep fried in hot oil to dumplings.
Try this healthy sweet and drop me a word about your tasty experiences..)
Check out the Diwali Sweets & Savories recipes here.
For Poornam / Inside stuffing:
·Chana dal - 1 cup
·Jaggery - ¾ cup
·Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
·Ghee - 2 tsp
·Coconut shreds - ½ cup
For outer wrapping:
· Besan flour - 2 tbsp
· Maida / all purpose flour - 1 cup
· Salt - ½ tsp
· Oil for deep frying
1. Wash and soak chana dal for 5 minutes.
2. Cook chana dal with enough water till soft.
3. Drain water and keep it aside.
4. Grind cooked chana dal, jaggery, cardamom pwd to coarse paste.
5. Heat ghee in a skillet / non stick pan.
6. Add coconut shreds and sauté for a minute.
7. Add the coarse jaggery paste and cook well in medium flame.
8. When the mixture gets dry, turn off flame.
9. Allow to cool and make small balls using the mixture.
10.Filling for making Suzhiyan is ready.
11.For outer wrapping, mix besan flour, maida, salt and water to make a paste of dosa batter consistency.
12.The batter consistency should not be too thick or thin.
13.Dip the prepared balls one by one in this paste.
14. Deep fry them in hot oil.
15.Simmer and fry till golden.
16. Drain it in a tissue paper.
17.Enjoy your healthy and delicious Suzhiyans..:)
Similar Sweet Recipes: