Chettinad Eral Kuzhambu & My Guest Post For Sangeetha
Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes
Chettinad Eral Kuzhambu :
It is such a lovely honour to do a guest post on one of my favorite blog , Recipe Excavator. When Sangeetha asked me for a guest post, I was so glad. She is a such a lovely person and a wonderful blogger. I love her neat presentation and inspiring recipes.
Thanks a bunch Sangeetha for inviting me over to your place..!
Recipe is Chettinad Eral Kuzhambu. Sure this traditional and mouthwatery recipe will tingle your tastebuds...!
Hop over to Sangeetha’s space for the recipe..!
· Prawn / Shrimp / Eral - 300 g
· Garlic - 4 to 5 pods
· Green chilly
· Gingely Oil (or) Cooking oil - 2 to 3 tbsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Fenugreek seeds - ½ tsp
· Curry leaves - 6 to 8 no;s
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Coriander pwd - 2 tsp
· Thick tamarind pulp - 4 tbsp
- 2 pinch
· Coconut paste - 4 tbsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Peel, de-vein and clean the prawns thoroughly and keep aside.
2. Chop drumstick, onion, tomato to fine slices.
3. Heat oil in a kadai / pan and temper with mustard, cumin seeds, fenugreek & curry leaves.
4. Add chopped onion, garlic, green chilly and fry them till transculent.
5. Add in the finely chopped tomatoes and sauté well.
6. Now add drumsticks and combine well.
7. Add cleaned prawns and sauté in together.
8. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd and salt.
9. Mix well. Allow the prawns to get cooked in the masala.
10.Once the masala thickens and let out oil, add thick tamarind juice, water and jaggery.
11. Keep the flame in simmer for 6 to 7 mins and cook covered.
12.Add the ground coconut paste and boil for 2 more minutes.
13.Now you can see, oil floats on top of the thick curry.
14.Time to turn off flame.
15.Transfer Eral Kuzhambu to serving bowl with fresh coriander leaves garnishing.
16.It makes an awesome combo with white rice & pappadam.
Try this tasty recipe, sure you’ll love it..:)
Have a great day..:)