Jalebi / Sweet Crispy Indian Dessert / Step by Step
Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes
Woooh ! Tasty Appetite is featured among the list of " 13 Indian Cooking Blogs that are using Social Media effectively !!" It sure made my day today !! :)
Thanks a bunch to all my lovely friends, who made this possible..:)
If you have not visited my FB page yet, please check here & give your support and inspiration by hitting the like button..!
In celebration of this sweet moment, lets see the easy preparation of awesome Indian dessert Jalebi.
This swirly golden sweet is a hot favorite on any special occasion with nice crispy outside & soft melt in the mouth interior. It tastes wonderful when served hot.
Here’s the popular recipe that you should try out & enjoy..!
· Yoghurd - ½ cup
· Maida flour - 100 g
· Corn flour - 30 g
· Orange food color - a pinch
· Saffron strands - ½ tsp
· Sugar - 1 ½ cup
· Oil to fry
1. In a bowl, add yoghurt and beat well.
2. Add maida and corn flour to it.
3. Add food color, crushed saffron and mix without lumps.
4. Add 1 tbsp of hot oil & mix well again.
5. Let it ferment for 4 to 5 hrs in warm place.
6. After fermentation, you can smell a very good flavor from the batter.
7. Mix the batter very good with hands and see to it, the consistency is loose. ( it should pour down like single thread when dropped from top )
8. Heat oil in a fry pan.
9. Fill the batter in a ziplock cover and make a very small hole in it at the bottom.
10.Meanwhile, to prepare sugar syrup, add sugar to the bowl.
11.Add very little water to it and heat with stirring.
12.Once the sugar syrup attains one string consistency, add few saffron strands and remove from flame. ( we can add 2 to 3 drops of lemon juice, to prevent crystallization of sugar syrup )
13.Now, squeeze the batter from ziplock cover to small circles in hot oil. ( I couldn't get perfect shape, but in practise, its possible.! )
14.Let it cook in low medium heat to crispy jalebis.
15.Remove from heat and drop it in warm sugar syrup.
16.Soak it for a minute and take it off.
17.Awesome crispy & juicy Jalebi is ready to enjoy..:)
18. Jalebis tastes best when served hot..!