How to make Wheat Dosa / Godhumai Dosai / Wheat Pancakes:
Hy Friends….here I am with a simple yet tasty dosa recipe, which can be prepared within minutes..!!
This dosa batter does not require fermentation or prior preparation & the ingredients required are very basic pantry staples.
Also, it is a very good alternative, if we are bored with the regular rice dosas. The dosa tastes really soft, melt in the mouth variety. It makes an amazingly tasty combo with Sambar , Coconut chutney & Spicy milagai podi.
It also makes an excellent diet food for diabetic patients.
Here is the wheat flour dosa recipe ..I am sure you’ll like this recipe & make it more often..:)
Let us go to this quick dosa recipe..!
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- Rice flour - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1 ½ to 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - a sprig
- Onion big - 1
- Green chilly - 1
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, rice flour & salt.
- Gradually add water to make a thin batter.
- Stir well so that there are no lumps in the batter.
- The consistency of the batter should be thinner than the normal dosa batter.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a fry pan or dosa girdle.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and allow to crackle.
- Now add finely sliced onion, green chilly and saute till transculent.
- Pour this tempering over the batter.
- Mix well.
- Heat a dosa girdle.
- Grease with a few drops of oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter from the edges towards the centre to form a round shaped dosa.
- Drizzle edges to a few drops of oil.
- Allow to cook for a couple of minutes in low medium heat on each side while turning over.
- The dosa is ready, when it is browned and crisped on both sides.
A lot of patience is needed , while preparing this dosa to crisp & golden.
We have to keep the flame in medium low and cook the dosa to both sides, or else in high flame the dosa may turn toasted or sticked in the hot girdle itself.
So , take care to cook the dosa to crisp with patience..:)