Neer Moor / Butter Milk / Summer Special Recipe
As the heat started in India, its ideal time to treat ourselves to a glass of cool, comforting Neer Moor / Buttermilk...!
It is a great treat in Summer. On road sides, people set up pandals ( Tents ) to supply Neer Moor & Panagam , stored in large earthern pots, to passers by in Tamil Nadu.
health benefits of buttermilk:
- Buttermilk is lower in fat than regular milk.
- It is rich in potassium, vitamin B12, calcium, riboflavin & phosphorous.
- Very helpful in digestion and helps in weight management.
- Low in calories & high in nutrients.
- It cures acidity.
- Helps develop immunity &
- Makes skin & hair healthy and beautiful !
Hence, let’s drink Neer Moor for better health & enjoyyy..:)
Here goes the simple recipe..!
- Curd - 1 cup
- Water - 3 cups
- Hing - a pinch
- Green chilly chopped - ½ tsp
- Grated ginger - ½ tsp
- Curry & Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- In a wide bowl, add curd and water.
- Chum / beat well and prepare buttermilk of thin consistency.
- Wash green chilly, curry & coriander leaves, wash & peel ginger.
- Chop them finely.
- Add them to the buttermilk.
- Add a pinch of hing and salt.
- Stir well.
- Neer moor is ready to relish.:)