Mullu Murukku / Chakli / Diwali Recipes
Mullu Murukku: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Mullu Murukku is a hot savory snack loved by everyone. It is commonly prepared on festivals, weddings and other occasions.
This traditional murukku is very quick to prepare & makes a delicious evening time snack for kids. The healthy recipe involves dough prepared with butter, rice, lentil flours and deep fried in hot oil.
Try this tasty crispy snack & I am sure your family is going to enjoy it very much..:)
- Rice flour - 3 cups
- Roasted bengal gram pwd - 1 cup
- Red chilly pwd - 2 tsp
- Ajwain seeds - 1 tsp
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Seive both rice flour and besan flour / bengal gram pwd.
- Put it in a wide bowl and combine both the flours.
- Add red chilly pwd, salt, asafetida and ajwain seeds.
- Add warm water little by little and knead it to soft dough.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter and mix very well.
- Keep the soft dough covered for 10 mins.
- Take a small portion of dough and fill in the murukku / chakli press.
- Grease a ladle with little oil.
- Press the murukku mould on the greased ladle.
- Slightly rotate to round shape , until it forms the shape.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Carefully drop the chaklis and deep fry them on a medium flame.
- Turn it to the other side & fry till they become golden brown in color.
- Remove and place them on a tissue paper.
- Let them cool completely and store in airtight container.
- Crispy & yummy Mullu murukku is ready to munch with hot chai or coffee.