Happy Valentine's Day / Pista Burfi - step by step / Pistachios ka fudge
Pista Burfi is delicious sweet recipe that is sure to impress your sweetheart & kids on Valentine’s day..!!
It is a mouth watering treat for any occasion & I am sure it’s a sumptuous treat for all you sweet lovers. It is tasty & nutritious at the same time.
It has awesome flavor of pistachios cooked in milk. It can be prepared at home without much preparation. This can also be served as a fudge or candy.
This easy-peasy sweet dish is a North Indian speciality that’s rich & lick-your-fingers ..yummy…you can’t possibly eat just one !
Try this delicious Indian dessert & celebrate the love day..:)
- Pistachio nuts - 1 cup
- Fresh whole Milk - 1 ½ litres
- Sugar - 1 ½ cup
- Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
- Choco pwd - ½ cup
- Take a non-stick wok / pan.
- Blanch and peel the skin of pistachios.
- Dry roast the pistachio nuts.
- Allow to cool.
- Make a paste of it in a blender with little milk.
- Heat ghee in the wok.
- Now add milk, sugar, cardamom in the wok and combine well.
- Bring the milk to a rolling boil over moderate heat.
- Continue to cook it with stirring occasionally.
- Let the milk boil until it reduces to a thick bubbling creamy mass, ie. about half its original volume
- Now add the choco pwd, reduce the heat to medium low, and cook the fudge, stirring.
- After few mins add pistachio paste and combine.
- Keep stirring and scrapping with the wooden spoon for further few minutes or until the mixtures becomes a thick dry lump.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool for one minute.
- Transfer the fudge to a shallow, buttered tray.
- As the mixture cools, little more, use a buttered spatula to shape it into a smooth, flat cake.
- Allow the fudge to cool for a further one hour.
- Cut the fudges into diamond shapes with a sharpe buttered knife.
- Serve or store in airtight containers for up to 2 weeks.
- You can decorate the burfi with grated pistachios & almond nuts.
- Home made pista choco burfi is ready to relish..!
Enjoy...Happy Valentine's Day..!!