Yoghurt Chicken is a classic Indian curry dish and is hot & spicy. It is very simple to make this recipe that has wonderful combination of aromatic flavors. In this recipe, chicken is marinated with yoghurd and cooked on low heat with Indian spices.
This is an easy recipe to make especially on Sunday menus. It pairs up excellent with roti, chapathi, naan or white rice.
Try out this delicious Indian chicken curry recipe..:)
- Chicken - ½ kg
- Yoghurd / dahi - ¾ cup
- Red chilly pwd - 2 tsp
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Mint leaves - handful
- Onion chopped - 1 cup
- Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
- Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
- Chicken masala pwd - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Clean chicken pieces and chop them to bite sized pieces.
- Prepare marinade with curd, 1 tsp red chilly pwd, turmeric pwd and garam masala pwd.
- Marinate the chicken pieces and keep aside in fridge for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onion pieces and fry till light brown.
- Add the marinated chicken, mint leaves and mix well.
- Add cumin pwd, coriander pwd, red chilly pwd and chicken masala pwd.
- Taste and adjust salt.
- Mix well all the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low heat, for about 30 minutes or till the chicken is tenderized.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapatti, roti or naan.
The gravy can be thickened by adding a tbsp of cornflour dissolved in some yoghurd before the chicken is fully cooked.