Cashew Chicken / Chicken Cashew Gravy
Cashew Chicken: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Chicken with cashews is an extremely popular and tasty dish in restaurants worldwide. This delicious and simple dish is pretty easy to make in a wok or skillet & tastes amazing. In this recipe, the chicken is cooked in cashew paste with very little spices.
The rich combo of chicken and cashews, makes an appealing healthy favorite dish of both kids & adults. I love all of the different flavors and textures in the dish and no doubt this nutritious recipe has quickly become our family favorite !
Chicken cashew makes a great dish for lunch & dinner.
Make the best Cashew Chicken with this easy recipe & enjoy..!
- Chicken - ½ kg
- Curd - ½ cup
- Red chilli pwd - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Cashewnuts - 12 to 15
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Oil - 1 to 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon - 1
- Cloves - 2
- Curry leaves - a few
- Onion - 2
- Green chilly - 1or 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Tomato - 2
- Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Clean and wash the chicken thoroughly.
- Marinate the chicken with the marinade prepared with the ingredients mentioned.
- Allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Make a paste of cashew nuts with milk.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, curry leaves and saute.
- Add finely chopped onion and green chillies, and fry till onion becomes light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Now add tomatoes mashed, salt and saute well.
- Add the marinated chicken and start stirring.
- Add 1 cup water and allow the chicken to cook covered in medium flame.
- Once the chicken is tender, stir the gravy.
- Add pepper pwd and check for salt & seasonings.
- Now add the cashew paste and allow to boil for 2 to 3 mins.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Idly, dosa, chapatti or roti.
- It goes well with any kind of main dishes.