Banana Almond Payasam:
Almond Banana Payasam is one of the rich & healthy drink/dessert, which is very easy to make. It has high nutritional value, as almonds reduce our cholesterol and boost immunity.
In this recipe the pureed almonds & bananas are cooked along with sugar and milk, where cardamom, saffron & finely chopped pistachios adds taste and color to this delicious drink.
If you like almonds you should try this combination, it was tasty & we enjoyed it..!
- Almonds/ Badam - 15 to 20
- Ripe Banana - 1 or 2
- Full cream Milk - 500 ml
- Sugar - 5 tbsp
- Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
- Saffron strands - a few
- Almond, Cashew, Pistachios - for garnishing
- Wash and soak Almonds in warm water for 30 mins.
- Peel off the skin and keep ready.
- Heat one cup of water in a thick bottomed vessel.
- Slice banana to thin slices and add to water.
- Allow to boil, till banana is cooked well.
- Meanwhile, heat the full-cream milk in simmer, until it reduces to ¾ of amount.
- Add the cooked banana, sugar, cardamom pwd and stir well.
- Make a paste of almonds in a blender with little milk.
- Add this paste to the boiling milk with banana.
- Stir it and allow to boil for a minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Keep it to cool in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Decorate it with saffron and finely chopped pistachios, cashew, almonds.
- Serve the cold dessert in serving bowl.
- Yummy…Almond banana payasam ready to serve...:)
Related Quick Links: