Spicy Milagai Chutney / Red Hot Chutney
Spicy Milagai Chutney :
Today’s post is spicy hot Milagai Chutney, a treat for people who want something real fiery for tastebuds..!!!
This is extremely easy to prepare and the dish reminds you of the rich spicyness of Indian cuisine. You will love the intense red color of this milagai chutney and it makes a perfect companion for idlis ( South Indian steames rice cakes ) & crisp dosas.
Also we can use them as dips or as accompaniment to a meal.
So heres the recipe of traditional, mouthwatering red hot chutney..:)
- Shallots / Pearl onions - 1 ¼ cup
- Red chilly - 8 to 10
- Tomato chopped - 1 cup
- Garlic - 7 cloves
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Cumin - ½ tsp
- Split urad dal - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - a few
- Asafetida - a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Add red chillies & chopped tomatoes to mixer and grind for a minute.
- Add shallots and garlic and grind further.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Add mustard, cumin, split urad dal, curry leaves and asafetida.
- Wait to splutter.
- Now add the ground chutney, salt and sauté in medium flame.
- No need to add water, continue sauting for 10 to 12 minutes till oil separates.
- Serve it with hot soft idlis and golden crisp dosas.
- Hot N spicy milagai chutney ready to taste.
Related Quick Links: