Mutton Sukka Varuval / Mutton Dry Fry
Mutton Sukka Varuval: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Mutton Sukka is a absolutely mouthwatering, hot and very spicy dish. This is my grandmother’s recipe, and it promises to get your tastebuds tingling with flavor and joy. I’m soooooooo addicted to this tasty spicy mutton dish, which is regular at my home on Sundays.
Here in this recipe, the goat meat (mutton ) is being cooked with spicy masala powders to lipsmacking dry fry. Mutton Sukka can be best served with hot steamed rice, biryanis, parathas , naan or rotis..!
Try out this easy & delicious version of mutton and enjoy!!!
- Mutton - ½ kg
- Onion - 3
- Tomato - 2
- Mint leaves - 1 cup
- Aniseed - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1 tsp
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Yoghurd - 2 tbsp
- Red chilly pwd - 2 tsp
- Turmeric pwd - ½ tsp
- Coriander pwd - 2 tsp
- Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Wash mutton, drain water and keep aside.
- Chop onion and tomatoes.
- Strip mint leaves, wash, drain and keep aside.
- Make a coarse paste of aniseed, cumin and black pepper.
- In a pressure pan, add oil and heat it.
- Add chopped onions and fry till transculent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till oil separates.
- Now add mutton pieces, 2 tbsp curd, red chilly pwd, turmeric pwd and coriander pwd.
- Add salt and mint leaves.
- Add enough water to cover the contents and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take a fry pan.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil.
- Add gravy and sauté it in medium flame.
- When water is totally absorbed, add powdered aniseed, cumin and black pepper pwd.
- Now add garam masala powder.
- Add lemon juice, stir well and remove from flame.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and golden roasted cashews.
- Spicy mutton sukka is ready.
- Serve hot with naan, rotis or with rice dishes.
Related Quick Links: