Cream of Chicken Soup
Cream of Chicken Soup:
Cream of Chicken Soup is a lipsmacking hot soup recipe with shredded chicken and cream. Its very simple to prepare and tastes superb.
A ladlefull of creamy hot soup is ideal for chilly winter nights and great for using up leftover chicken too.
Try out this delicious & healthy soup recipe and you are sure to crave for more..:)
- Chicken stock - 2 cups
- Chicken - 200 g
- Onion chopped - ½ cup
- Celery chopped - 1 cup
- Carrot - 1
- Butter - 50 g
- Plain flour - 1/3 cup
- Fresh cream - ½ cup
- Fresh parsley leaves
- Pepper & Salt to taste
- In a large sauce pan, add 2 cups of water, chicken stock, chicken, onion, celery, carrot.
- Cook covered in medium heat.
- Bring to boil.
- Once the chicken is cooked and soft, remove from flame.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl, cool slightly.
- Remove and discard bones. Shred meat and set aside.
- Reserve the stock mixture.
- Melt the butter in pan.
- Add flour and cook stirring for a minute.
- Gradually stir in stock mixture and cream.
- Cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add chicken and cook stirring occasionally for 15 mins.
- Once the soup is creamy and thick, turn off flame.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.