Butter Chicken / Murgh Makhani
Butter Chicken: Murgh Makhani:Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Hope you all had a Joyous Diwali with your family n friends...!
And enjoyed the delicious array of lipsmacking Sweets & crunchy munchy snacks...!!
Now we would relish yet another popular Indian recipe, that we all love - BUTTER CHICKEN. It is a favorite special of all non-veg lovers.
This quick to prepare gravy, can be made hot or mild, as we like it, so it suits most palates.
In this recipe, the boneless chicken ( Murgh ) is marinated in spices and cooked in Butter ( Makhan). Its delicious and juicy taste will make our taste buds go crazy..!
Here is the tasty Butter Chicken recipe, which your whole family will enjoy..:)
- Boneless chicken - ½ kg
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
- Garam masala - ½ tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion - 2
- Chopped ginger garlic - 1 tbsp
- Green chilly - 1
- Kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves) - ½ tsp
- Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
- Kashmiri chilly pwd - ½ to 1 tsp
- Tomato mashed - ¼ cup
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Fresh cream - 3 tbsp
- Yoghurd - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Wash and marinate the boneless chicken in the marinade for 1 hour. Marinating it overnight will give best result
- Cook the chicken covered on medium flame.
- Now heat oil in a pan.
- Add finely chopped onions and chopped ginger garlic, green chilly and sauté till golden brown.
- Add all the spice pwd, tomato paste, combine and turn off the flame.
- Allow to cool.
- Grind in a mixer to smooth paste.
- Melt butter in the same pan.
- Add this paste to hot butter.
- Bring to boil .
- If needed add little water and cook it.
- The gravy should be perfect, not too thick or too thin.
- Now add cooked chicken pieces.
- Taste and adjust salt and seasonings.
- Simmer for few minutes.
- Add fresh cream, and stir. I used Amul’s cream and it gave rich aroma.
- Now add yoghurd, give a quick stir and turn off the flame.
- Garnish with some cream, chopped coriander leaves.
- Enjoy hot with rotis, naan and chapathi...!
Related Quick Links: