Prawn Biryani / Shrimp BiryaniShrimp Biryani : Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today, I’m sharing with you the delicious Shrimp / Prawn biryani recipe. Sea food lovers will enjoy this dish for sure. This is one of my favorite biryani of all the biryanies.
We know Prawns are very healthy food with lots of nutritional values. They’re very good for curing eye and heart related problems.
Prawn Biryani ( Also known as Jhinga Biryani ) is usually prepared on special occasions like marriage, get-together parties, etc. This rice dish is extremely easy to prepare. In this recipe, the fresh prawns are cooked with tomato, onion, rice, chillies and spices.
Here goes the recipe to cook this luscious and irresistible biryani at your home..!
· Prawns - ½ kg
· Raw rice - 2 cups
· Cooking oil - 4 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - ½ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 ½ tbsp
· Onion - 2
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Green chilly - 2 or 3
· Tomato - 2
· Fresh coriander & Mint leaves - 1 cup
· Yoghurd - ½ cup
· Salt to taste
· Cinnamon - 1
· Cloves - 2
· Cardamom - 2
· Bay leaf - 1
· Saunf - ½ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Marathi moghu - 1
1. Devein and wash the prawns in running water.
2. Marinate with turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd and salt for 20 mins.
3. Wash rice and soak in water for 5 to 10 mins.
4. Drain and keep aside.
5. Heat oil in a large pan.
6. Add the spices, onion and salt.
7. Cook till transculent.
8. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 to 3 mins.
9. Add green chillies and chopped tomato.
10. Fry till the tomatoes are well cooked.
11. Add chopped coriander and mint leaves.
12. Sauté for a minute.
13. Add yoghurd and combine.
14. Add red chilly pwd and cook for a few mins.
15. Now add the marinated prawns and mix well.
16. Add rice, combine and check for salt and seasonings.
17. Pressure cook for one whistle and simmer for 7 mins
18. Once the pressure turns off, open the lid.
19. Mix the biryani carefully, making sure the rice does not break.
20. Garnish with few sprigs of coriander leaves.
21. Tasty prawn biryani ready to enjoy hot with onion raitha…:)