Rasgulla Dessert :
Yep, yesterday was my Birthday..!
And I celebrated it all day long with my family..! Lots of friends wished me Happy Birthday on Facebook and via email and darn it, I felt special..!
Thanks for the wonderful wishes dearies..:)
In honor of my special day, I’d wish to try a new dessert that I haven t tried yet…!
Yes, that’s the King of all Indian Sweets ..Rasgulla..!
Its my favorite paneer dessert, since my childhood...!
I used to relish haldiram’s rasgullas more often.
This is the first time , I prepared it by myself . And it came out absolutely good. . I floated in cloud nine, with my sons comment “ I love this super soft ones more ma, than shop bought ones “ :))
Here, I have given the step by step procedure for making this..
· Milk - 1 litre
· Lemon juice - 2 to 3 tbsp
· Ice cubes - 8 to 10
· Sugar - 2 cups
· Water - 3 cups
· Cardamom pwd - a pinch
· Saffron, almond and pista nuts for garnishing
1. Pour milk in a bowl and let it boil in sim for 5 minutes.
2. Add lemon juice and stir in low flame.
3. Now the milk curdles and water separates out.
4. Wait for 2 more minutes.
5. Remove from flame.
6. Allow to warm.
7. Add ice cubes and strain it in metal strainer with a white cloth in it.
8. Allow the water to drain completely.
9. Squeeze and hang it for 30 minutes.
10. Now take the paneer in a bowl.
11. Knead it for 5 to 7 minutes gently to make soft dough of it.
12. Make small balls out of it.
13. In a pressure cooker , add sugar, water and cardamom pwd.
14. Allow to boil with stirring.
15. Once the sugar is dissolved, add the paneer balls slowly .
16. Pressure cook for one whistle and simmer it for 5 minutes.
17. Once the pressure goes off, open the lid.
18. You can see the balls have doubled in size.
19. Transfer to bowl and refrigerate it.
20. Serve chilled with grated pistachio, almond & saffron strands garnishing.
21. Soft n spongy home made rasgullas ready to enjoy...!
Wishing a lovely day to all..!