Kolhapuri Mutton Curry or Lamb Curry
Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Kolhapuri Mutton Curry or Lamb Curry:
This traditional recipe is one of the famous non-veg dish and is known for its delicious and unique taste. This got its name from the city Kolhapuri ( India ), which is famous for its spicy curries
In this recipe, the tender mutton is cooked with simple Indian ingredients & It has a fiery, spicy red color, which is sure to tempt all non-veg food lovers…!
Here is the tantalizing hot & spicy recipe from the land of Marathas..!
Try this at home & enjoy..!
· Mutton - ½ kg
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - ½ tsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
· Salt - 1 tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
For Kolhapuri Masala:
· Cloves - 2
· Cinnamon - 1
· Saunf - ½ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Coriander - 1 tbsp
· Sesame - ½ tsp
· Red chilly - 4 or 5
· Onion - 1
· Grated coconut - ½ cup
For the Gravy:
· Onions - 2
· Tomato - 2
· Coriander leaves - handful
· Salt - to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients for marination.
2. Evenly rub the marination on mutton pieces and marinate for an hour.
3. Pressure cook the mutton for 3 to 4 whistles, until the mutton is ¾ cooked.
4. Meanwhile, lets prepare the kohlapuri masala.
5. Heat oil in a pan.
6. Add cloves, cinnamon, saunf, cumin, coriander, sesame and red chilly.
7. Wait to splutter.
8. Now add chopped onion and sauté till it is golden.
9. Add grated coconut and fry for 2 more minutes.
10. Allow to cool and grind it to fine paste.
11. Heat oil in the same fry pan.
12. Add chopped onions , fry to transculent.
13. Now add mashed tomato, chopped coriander leaves, salt and cook for a minute.
14. Add cooked mutton pieces and combine.
15. Sauté till oil separates.
16. Now add ground kohlapuri masala.
17. Stir well until oil floats on top.
18. Then, cover and simmer, till the mutton is tender, with constant stirring.
19. Remove from flame.
20. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
21. Enjoy this delicious mutton curry hot with chapatti, dosa, idly or rice of your choice.!