Butter Murukku / Thenkuzhal / Special Chennai Snacks
Today, I’m glad to share with you the soft and tasty butter murukku recipe ( as I have mentioned in my Father’s day post ) .
Butter Murukku is one of the popular South Indian delicacy and is made for festivals like Diwali, Krishna Jayanthy, Pongal, Holi, Ugadi, Vishu, etc., This is very easy to prepare and one of the kids favorite snack. It can be savoured in all times and my favorite is with my hot cuppa coffee..
Enjoy this crispy and homemade butter murukku.. !
· Par boiled rice - 1 cup
· Raw rice - 1 cup
· Fried gram - ½ cup
· Butter - 50 g
· Cumin - 1 tbsp
· Asafetida - ¼ tsp
· Sesame seeds - 2 tbsp
· Salt to taste
· Oil to fry
1. Wash and soak raw rice and boiled rice for 5 to 6 hrs.
2. Grind them to smooth paste by adding very little water.
3. Add dry roasted and powdered fried gram powder.
4. Add butter, cumin seeds, asafetida, salt and sesame seeds.
5. Knead to soft dough.
6. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
7. Heat oil in a fry pan.
8. Put the dough into a murukku press and squeeze them onto hot oil in circles.
9. Leave them for 2 minutes and flip the murukku to other side.
10. Remove from oil , once the oil stops making bubble sound.
11. Place the murukku in kitchen tissue to absorb excess oil.
12. Soft and tasty butter murukku ready to enjoy..:)
Check out the other Special Chennai Snacks also..