South Indian Filter Coffee
South Indian filter coffee is also popular as strong milky coffee. This is made from dark roasted coffee beans, chicory, hot milk and sugar.
This traditional coffee is the most important and must have beverage in almost every South Indian homes. The rich aroma of the finely ground coffee beans makes us want to have it every morning or evening. It serves as a great refresher and makes our day awesome..!
Try this homemade Filter coffee recipe and enjoy..:)
· Expresso ground Coffee powder - 3 tbsp
· Milk - 1 cup
· Water - 1 cup
· Sugar - to taste
1. Add a cup of water to a bowl and bring to boil.
2. Keep the traditional coffee filter ready.
3. Add the expresso ground coffee to the upper part of the coffee filter.
4. Give a firm press with the filter press.
5. Place the upper container over the lower one.
6. Now pour the hot water very slowly.
7. Close the lid.
8. Allow the decotion to collect into the lower container.
9. Once the decotion stops dripping, boil milk.
10. Pour the milk into a cup.
11. Add 2 tbsp of decotion ( you can increase, if you prefer strong coffee ) and a tbsp of sugar.
12. Froth it by pouring it forth and back between the cup and a bowl.
13. Pour it in a traditional coffee cup.
13. Now a cup of strong South Indian coffee is ready to give a sip..:)