Hot N Spicy Mutton Fry
Hot N Spicy Mutton Fry:
Hot N Spicy Mutton Fry is another very popular recipe from Indian Cuisine. It is a dry version and is a great accompaniment with biryani, fried rice, chapatti or rice. This delicious fry is easy to prepare. And only a few spices, curd and lemon juice is used to marinate the mutton pieces.
This is my family favorite and I love the delectable flavor of pepper embedded in the mutton fry.
You can also try this wonderful dry n spicy dish..!
· Mutton - ½ kg
· Onion - 2
· Tomato - 2
· Oil - 3 tbsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
· Yoghurd - 2 tbsp
· Pepper pwd - 1 ½ tsp
· Turmeric pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
· Saunf - ½ tsp
· Cinnamon - 1
· Cloves - 2
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Fresh curry and coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Clean and wash the mutton pieces.
2. Marinate with lemon juice, yoghurd, pepper pwd, turmeric pwd, coriander pwd, salt and red chilly pwd.
3. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
4. Pressure cook for 4 whistles adding a cup of water.
5. Heat oil in a fry pan.
6. Add saunf, cinnamon, cloves and curry leaves.
7. Sauté for a minute.
8. Add chopped onion slices and fry till light brown.
9. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté well.
10. Add chopped tomatoes.
11. Stir well until it is cooked.
12. Now add the pressure cooked mutton.
13. Mix well.
14. Allow to boil with lid closed in medium flame.
15. Stir once in a while.
16. Cook till the mutton fry attains dry form.
17. Drizzle a tsp of oil to the side of the pan.
18. Combine gently and remove from heat.
19. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
20. Spicy and tasty mutton fry ready to serve hot with biryani, fried rice, chapattis, roti, naan or steamed hot rice.!