Blackcurrant Almond Ice Cream
Blackcurrant Almond Ice Cream:
This ice cream is an absolute summer cordial treat, as it bursts with dramatic, intense flavors. Also, It has a rich, fruity taste and an inviting deep red color. The smooth sweet taste of this ice cream makes a great treat, with the hint of nutty almonds..!!
Try this rich smoothie made with real black currants and enjoy..:)
· Blackcurrant - 300 g
· Apple juice - 75 ml
· Sugar - 150 g
· Double cream - 500 ml
· Sweetened condensed milk - 350 ml
· Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
· Almonds - 15 to 20
1. Grate almond to very small pieces.
2. In a small pan, add blackcurrants and apple juice.
3. Cover with lid and cook in simmer for 4 to 5 mins.
4. Now add sugar and stir gently, till it thickens to syrup like consistency.
5. Remove from flame and allow to cool.
6. Take 2 to 3 tbsp of thick syrup and keep it aside.
7. Puree the rest of the syrup with a blender and sieve it to get rid of the pips.
8. Now beat the double cream to soft peaks.
9. Add vanilla extract and condensed milk and whisk again until it turns thick.
10. Transfer to ice cream box.
11. Drizzle the blackcurrant puree over the cream.
12. With a large spoon, stir the mixture, so that the puree ripple to the bottom.
13. Cover with lid and freeze it for overnight or till firm.
14. Before serving, mix the rest of the thick blackcurrant puree.
15. Scoop the black currant ice cream into serving bowl.
16. Garnish with grated almond pieces and enjoy
I am sending this to my own event “ Letz Relishh - Ice Creams “
Juz a gentle reminder, this event ends by 20 th June 2011. .. Why to wait until last date, send in your lipsmacking entries soon..:)