Healthy Carrot Rice & an Award
Healthy Carrot Rice:
Carrot rice is a yummy and healthy Indian variety rice dish. In this recipe fragrant basmati rice is sauted with groundnut, grated carrot & cooked in spices like cinnamon, cloves etc.
This nutritious and mouthwatering dish can be prepared very quickly and easily. Also, this can be prepared with left over plain cooked rice in minutes. It serves great with any gravy side dish or crispy potato chips.
Here is the healthy and easy recipe...:)
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Carrots - 4 or 5
- Peanut - 2 tbsp
- Oil - ½ tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Cumin - ½ tbsp
- Coriander - ½ tbsp
- Red chilly - 2
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon - 1
- Chana dal - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Wash and cook the rice.
- Allow to cool.
- Wash and grate the carrot ready.
- Grind peanuts to coarse pwd.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Add cumin, coriander and red chillies and sauté for a minute.
- Allow to cool and grind to coarse pwd.
- Add a tsp of ghee in a fry pan.
- Add cloves, cinnamon, chana dal and sauté.
- Add chopped onion and fry to golden.
- Now add grated carrot and sauté in low flame till carrot is cooked.
- Add rice and mix gently.
- Take care not to break the rice grains.
- Add salt and ground masala pwd.
- Combine well.
- Add peanut pwd and stir and remove from flame.
- Serve hot with freshly chopped coriander leaves and golden roasted cashews.
- Yummy and healthy carrot rice ready to taste...!!!
And Samira of My Sonpari has passed me this lovely Sisterhood Award. Thanks so very much Samira !! She has a fabulous blog with new interesting recipes. Here’s wishing my blogger friend Samira all the very best!
Love to share this award with all of my blogger friends …but as per rule only to mention 15 of them..
3. Prathima Rao
11. RAKS KITCHEN
12. Kairali sisters
15. Cool Lassi(e)