Spicy Chicken Biryani
Spicy Chicken Biryani:
Tonight, I prepared spicy chicken biryani , using my Andhra friend, Shakira's recipe. And it came out so delicious! Cooking biryani in hot n spicy taste is often reserved for very special occasions like weddings, parties or holidays. In this recipe, the chicken pieces are marinated in spice mixture and cooked with basmati rice in simmer. This recipe is very famous and trade mark of South Indian Cuisine.
Here is the simple n yummy recipe…!
- Chicken - ½ kg
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Yoghurt - 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
- Garam masala pwd - 2 tsp
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Clarified butter - 3 tbsp
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon - 2
- Cardamom - 2
- Bay leaf - 1
- Onion - 3
- Green chilly - 1 or 2
- Mint leaves - handful
- Tomato - 2
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Wash the chicken pieces and drain the water completely.
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 5 mins.
- Drain and keep it aside.
- Make a paste of yogurt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli pwd, salt , garam masala pwd and turmeric pwd.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in this paste for 3 to 4 hours.
- Heat oil and clarified butter in a thick bottomed pan.
- Add cloves, cumin, cardamom, cinnamon and bay leaves.
- Wait to splutter.
- Add chopped onion pieces and sauté till it turns soft and transculent.
- Add green chillies slit lengthwise, mint leaves and sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped tomato and fry till is cooked.
- Add remaining garam masala pwd, lemon juice, salt and sauté well.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces.
- Combine well.
- In a pressure cooker, heat a tbsp of ghee.
- Add basmati rice and sauté gently for a minute.
- Transfer the contents from fry pan and add 3 ½ cups of water.
- Mix and pressure cook the rice for one whistle.
- Simmer for 5 mins and turn off the flame.
- Once the pressure goes off, fluff the biryani gently.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve hot with onion raita, chicken 65 or any gravy.
- Yummy n tasty chicken biryani ready to enjoy..:)
Have a Nice day..!!!