Badam ka Halwa / Almond Fudge / Step by Step Recipe
Today is our Wedding Anniversary...! To celebrate this sweet occasion, I wished to prepare my Hubby’s favorite dessert Badam Halwa, and very happy, when it turned out to be perfect.
I love my DH as he is always affectionate, understanding, caring and makes me feel special and valuable…! I admire his wonderful mind, beautiful soul and the cute surprises he reserves for me..:))
This halwa made of almonds, milk, sugar and clarified butter is a rich, scrumptious, mouth watering delicacy and quick to make.
This is how I prepared this sweet, smooth, melt in mouth dessert…:)
- Badam / Almond - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Saffron strands - a few
- Ghee - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 cup
- Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
- Soak almonds in hot water for ½ an hour.
- Peel off the skin.
- Grind to fine paste with milk in a blender.
- Soak saffron strands in 2 tbsp of warm milk.
- Take a non stick kadhai .
- Add 4 tbsp ghee and allow to heat.
- Now add almond paste and stir in low flame.
- Cook for 5 to 7 mins.
- Once it thickens, add remaining milk, saffron soaked in milk and stir well.
- Cook further for 3 to 4 mins or till it thickens in low flame.
- Now add sugar and cardamom pwd .
- Stir continuously in low flame.
- The sugar dissolves and the mixture turns liquid.
- Continue stirring till the mixture thickens and attains halwa consistency.
- Add remaining ghee and mix well.
- Garnish with almond slices and saffron strands.
- Enjoy hot n delicious badam halwa now...:)
Have a lovely day..!