I tried out the Capsicum Rice today and it turned out yummy…! This fast and flavorful dish is a simple and quick one, without compromising taste and flavor.
Capsicum tastes great, when mixed in curries. It supplies the rice with a colorful look of savor.
Also, this vegetable is used as a spice and medicine.
Capsicum is rich in nutritional value and associated with numerous health benefits. Adding capsicum to our food, increases the metabolic rate and thus burns excess calories. Capsicum, truly deserves to be included in our daily menu...!
Here is the recipe of colorful and delicious Capsicum Rice..:-))
·Capsicum - 1
·Rice - 2 cup
·Ghee - 1 tbsp
·Oil - 2 tbsp
·Mustard - ¼ tsp
·Cumin - ½ tsp
·Bengal gram - 1 tsp
·Red chilly - 1 or 2
·Peanuts - 5
·Cashewnuts - 3 to 4
·Onion - 2
·Grated ginger garlic - 1 tbsp
·Green chilly - 1
·Tomato - 1
·Turmeric pwd - a pinch
·Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
·Chopped coriander leaves - handful
·Salt to taste
To prepare Masala pwd:
·Red chilly - 1
·Cinnamon - 1
·Clove - 1
·Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
·Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
·Bengal gram - 1 ½ tsp
1. Heat a tsp of ghee in a fry pan .
2. Roast all the ingredients of masala and allow to cool.
3. Grind to fine pwd.
4. Wash and pressure cook the rice, until it is ¾ th done.
5. Pour oil in a pan, heat it .
6. Temper with mustard, cumin, bengal gram, red chillies, curry leaves, peanuts and cashew nuts.
7. Add chopped onion, and fry till it turns golden.
8. Add grated ginger and garlic, fry till raw smell disappears.
9. Add green chilly, chopped tomato and allow to cook in medium flame.
10. Now add chopped capsicum, toss for few mins, till they turn tender.
11. Add cooked rice, turmeric pwd and salt.
12. Sauté well and combine.
13. Sprinkle powdered masala of step 3.
14. Add fresh lemon juice and mix gently.
15. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
16. Serve hot with onion raitha.
17. Delicious Capsicum rice ready to taste.