Pidi Kozhukattai / Bunch of Awards
Pidi Kozhukattai: ( Steamed Rice Sweet Dumplings )
Pidi Kozhukattai is yet another South Indian authentic sweet dish...!!!
I learnt this recipe from my MIL. She makes this frequently for neivedhyam of Lord Ganesh and also for serving. We are very fond of this sweet and So, I tried this easy recipe today and it came out quite well too...!!
There are two steps in making this sweet Dumplings. First to make the rice flour ready and then the pidi kozhukattai.
Here is the easy to prepare and healthy to eat recipe…
Try this fantastic Indian dish now ...:)
- Rice Flour - 2 cup
- Jaggery - 1 ½ cup
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
- Grated coconut - a little
- Cashew - 5
To Prepare Rice Flour:
- Soak raw rice for 1 hr.
- Drain the water completely and spread the damp rice in a cotton towel for 30 mins.
- Now grind the rice to fine pwd in blender.
- Sieve the floor to remove small granules.
- Now boil the rice flour by covering it in a damp cotton towel in idly cooker for 10 mins.
- Allow to cool and sieve well to remove granules.
- Rice flour ready to prepare kozhukattai.
Preparation of Kozhukattai:
- Melt the powdered jaggery by adding little water.
- Strain to remove any impurities present in it.
- Take this jaggery water in a non stick pan and again bring to boil.
- Reduce the flame and add the rice flour, cardamom pwd, grated cashew, coconut and mix well.
- Stir continuously till it forms thick dough.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Apply little ghee in your palm.
- Make a small lemon size balls out of the dough.
- Keep it in your palm and just press it by your fingers.
- Once all the dough balls are finished to “ Pidikozhukattai “ shape, steam cook it in ghee greased idly plates.
- Allow to steam for 10 to 12 mins.
- Turn off the flame, allow to cool.
- Now delicious Mouthwatering Pidi Kozhukattais are ready to relish…:))
Bunch Of Awards:
My blogger Friend Soumya of Soumya's Kitchen has honoured me with this Award..!
She always has very creative food ideas. Do visit to enjoy more..!!!
And Jaisy James of Ente Pachakasala , Shanavi of Kitchen Secrets has passed these Awards for me…Thanks for this lovely award...!
Sorry for passing this Awards very late. Thank you Friends for your love..
I m very happy to receive these Awards from you…:)
Thanks once again…!!!
I would like to pass on these Awards to ALL my blogger Friends. All of you..Plz accept these Awards…!
Meet you in next post…until then,